4.2.09

for the love of tea

How many times have I scratched my head when all that is offered at morning breakfast meetings has been coffee. This is always something I prepare for, and bring my own tea bags along just incase. I am always a "just incase" kind of girl, who happens to find many tea bags that have been crushed and spilt out in the bottom of her bags. I also travel about with packets of sugar, sugar in the raw, plastic spoons, and those tiny personal-sized half and half contrainers. Many a time have I discovered these items too, crushed in between folders or my planner and have now converted to the use of individual plastic baggies for pulling out all in one go and making a nice cup of tea while I listen to the endless, and mostly useless, conversation about me at these meetings. And I cannot begin my morning without black or green tea or both, sitting quiet in front of the fire (in winter) or outside on the porch (summer). Tea is like style, you make it your own and let it evolve as it steeps. I like that, so simple.

2 comments:

  1. Elderberry Wine, Elton John, loved that song...but never tried the tea. I am more of a coffee person, but will sip a ginger tea if I feel very sick. Works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried the elderberry wine, but do love ginger tea myself...it always works well when I have a bad head from the night before...lovely to have you visit me here & thanks for your words.

    ReplyDelete